Early bird discount for the British Orthodontic Conferenceon 10th June 2019
Those who book to attend the British Orthodontic Conference before the 30th June will get an early bird discount
2019 sees the 25th anniversary of the British Orthodontic Society and there will be much celebration at the conference being held at the SEC in Glasgow between the 19-21 September.
The conference sees a line-up of hugely respected speakers from the UK and around the world. They include:
- Delivering the prestigious Northcroft memorial lecture will be Professor Greg Huang from Washington State University on ‘Results from the NDPBRN Adult Anterior Open-bite Study’.
- Jay Bowman from the US will be covering two sessions – ‘Uno, Dos, Tres: All miniscrews in one place (mostly); and ‘Drastic Plastic: Improving the predictability of clear aligners’.
- Peter Miles from Australia will be presenting on ‘The agony and ecstasy of Invisalign’.
- Former MP Lembit Opik will be alongside Michael Millwaters discussing his orthognathic case and experience
- There is a superb pre-conference course programme on the 18th September seeing Professor Susan Cunningham, Justin Shute and Professor Tim Newton on the Psychology of Orthodontics and Hilary Bekker and Sophy Barber tackle decision making.
There will also be a diverse programme with parallel sessions on ‘Driving Your Private Practice’ and for those considering a career in orthodontics as well as a comprehensive programme for DCPs.
The popular TED talks are scheduled for Saturday and will address a broad range of topics which will be of interest to all of the orthodontic team consisting of digital workflows, working with corporates as well as excellent clinical pearls.
The 2019 Gala is being held at the Glasgow Science Centre – a venue with a difference.
The Crowne Plaza will be hosting the exclusive banquet and there will be plenty of opportunity for those wishing to see the sights and heritage of Scotland’s largest city, and complimentary bike hire and tours have even been arranged.
David Waring, chair of the British Orthodontic Conference committee said: ‘In my first year as chair, I am delighted to welcome a host of renowned international and UK speakers.
‘We have a pre-conference course on the psychology of orthodontics and decision making, two parallel sessions, a DCP programme and excellent social events for which the BOC has become famous.
‘We feel that we have something for everyone at this year’s conference and we look forward to welcoming you all.’
Go to www.bos.org.uk now and don’t miss the early bird discount if you book by 30th June.